Tuesday, August 17, 2010

min3 ~tribute to sri

nih aq jwb post ang wey...



You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables   {nih msti tringat part time pizza ngan fana}



Left a small town and never looked back    {agak kecik la yan kat kedah tuh..}


I was a flight risk, afraid of fallin’    {ang mang takot gayat}


Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts   {tak never sgt la,dgn sorg pon leh last byk2 kali kot}



I say, “Can you believe it?”


As we’re lyin’ on the couch    {slalu aq la yg baring on the couch tuh,}


The moment, I can see it


Yes, yes, I can see it now


Do you remember, we were sittin’ there, by the water?    {mengkuang damm}


You put your arm around me for the fist time    {blakang kdai runcit,kat lorong gelap}


You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter   


You are the best thing that’s ever been mine


Flash forward, and we’re takin’ on the world together


And there’s a drawer of my things at your place    {drawer aya!hahahaha}


You learn my secrets and figure out why I’m guarded    {secret..secret...secret...~wink!}


You say we’ll never make my parents’ mistakes


But we got bills to pay    {bil ayaq umah kak enon yg tertunggak arituh}


We got nothin’ figured out


When it was hard to take    {kes mesin basuh}


Yes, yes






This is what I thought about


And I remember that fight, two-thirty AM    {gadoh ngn makcik bwh umah lepas mnari nobody}


You said everything was slipping right out of our hands


I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street     {lari nyorok dpn toilet,ngendap kt tingkap}




Braced myself for the goodbye


Cause that’s all I’ve ever known


Then, you took me by surprise


You said, “I’ll never leave you alone”




You said, “I remember how we felt, sitting by the water


And every time I look at you, it’s like the first time


I fell in love with a careless man’s careful daughter


She is the best thing that’s ever been mine”


You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter


You are the best thing that’s ever been mine


Do you believe it?


We’re gonna make it now


And I can see it


I can see it now


No comments:

Post a Comment

what say you?